Managing your boss-HR series 2







Is it necessary to manage your boss and is it really possible?

The answer to both the questions is YES


Let us look a bit more closely.

You need to manage your boss however nice he is  to you

and even if he has the best of relationship with you.


If the boss is good you may not  be required to manage relationship but you need to manage things in

such a way that the present bonding sustains.The trust  is sustained.

I recollect my hiring by  my boss who was an excellent Professional.I was so attracted by his

competency i just accepted the job.With in two months  one day he calls me and tells that he has

been transferred and i will have new boss.The new one was totally opposite of what previous boss

was.What went wrong between my boss and his boss was never known .

The best advice i got as gift from my departing boss was learn to manage new boss

That worked i somehow kept going for one year






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change management- How to challenge the status quo

my new book on organization change management